This project is read-only.

Release 0.3 Plan

Jul 17, 2012 at 1:50 PM

asads2012 and man_kind - I agree I think its time to have a plan for Release 0.3 - I am more than happy to build a list of TFS items for the release - if you would like to add some responses to this discussion I can create some new TFS items based  some new requirements. If you think that there's a better way just respond to this discussion.

Dom

Jul 19, 2012 at 2:22 AM

asads2012's idea to seperate the logic date and presentation would be a good way to orgnize the work items

ill be in as soon as there will be what to do.

Jul 19, 2012 at 2:29 PM

No idea what TFS stands for but sounds good.  I sat around for a while doing nothing then went nuts and did loads after a little push from man_kind.  I would suggest a list in the documentation wiki and editing names on the items to avoid too much crossover.  

The separation is mostly finished now.  That means it would be possible for one person to focus on loading/saving data from csv. another on improving the battlemanager and a third building a 2d graphical tile engine without having to worry about treading on toes.    

Jul 19, 2012 at 2:32 PM

looked up TFS.  Non the wiser really.  Is that a feature not included in the express version of visual studio?

Jul 20, 2012 at 2:03 PM

it seems like you cant connect to a team fundation server but what dommillar meat was to add issues to the isseu tracker page

Jul 20, 2012 at 2:17 PM
Edited Jul 20, 2012 at 2:18 PM

Sorry I just meant I would create the issue/task in codeplex - I use the TFS (Team Foundation Server) client -  for source control but you can use whatever you want - I just meant I would create the workitems for the next phase of work based on a defined set of requirements/specs.

Sorry for the confusion

Dom

Jul 20, 2012 at 3:24 PM

OK so Maybe also we need a bit of a vision of what we are going to be doing with this thing and I have an idea that you guys might want to think about - we could look at a release later on in the year on http://roguebasin.roguelikedevelopment.org/ at least it would be a target to look at - ASADS2012 and MAN_KIND what do you think?

Dom

Jul 21, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Thanks for clearing up the TFS thing.  I use tortoiseSVN.

Roguebasin target is pretty exciting.  Bring it on.

Jul 21, 2012 at 3:46 PM
Edited Jul 22, 2012 at 3:36 AM

The issue traker is pretty cool.  Didn't realise how much it could do. 

Definatley use that for the TFS items.  Realised you can also set a specific person to handle each task and a load of other stuff too.

Jul 21, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Just out of interest I think I found out about this project from roguebasin or some such similar, a release there may increase our following.  Found out about codeplex through this project too.  Been using sourceforge before.

Jul 22, 2012 at 3:43 AM

Discovered the advance view on the issue tracker.  Everything makes more sense now.  I'll try to tidy things up a bit there as I jut posted and didn't pay attention to the meta data.