Left and Right Panels - What should they show?

Topics: Features
Coordinator
Aug 6, 2012 at 1:22 PM

What would you like to see in the panels on the left and right?

I was thinking left status and current tile info.  Right an autoupdating context menu with available commands. 

Thinking about a look command so you can scroll and the info updates in the left panel.

Coordinator
Aug 10, 2012 at 12:14 PM

Left could be stats ie. something like the D&D stat system ie. ST,DX,CO,WI,IQ and CH , HITPOINTS , Arnour Class etc... - thats all pretty specific.

Right could be Inventory

anyway just ideas

Developer
Aug 10, 2012 at 12:56 PM

Yes!

What if we had different type of "swords" / weapons, and depending on your stats you could only pick up certain ones? I like it.

Coordinator
Aug 10, 2012 at 3:51 PM

I guess all those things would belong together in the left panel.  Inventory would show those active items, or possibly we could have banks of hotkeys along the bottom.   A full inventory itself would lend itself to a screen. 

I like the RRRS style.  I'm very much for keeping the original as an option in game.  Extra weapons, stats, etc I would see as data and scripts rather than coding.  It might be an idea to work on an editor or just move the data to .txt or xml files.  Scripting should defo be done in c# possibly inheriting from dungeonScreen and changing the way the game works by overwriting or expanding on the methods. Already moved some data to xml which can be edited by users.

I'd also like to get behaviours working,  LogicalInsanity is working on the monster AI at the moment.  When that's ready we can make it the first behaviour then a user could update the monster.xml and choose the look, color, stats and behaviour without touching any code. Another .xml could describe the level and say what monsters are there with what percentage change.  The dungeon manager then generates the monsters from the xml using the level as a template.