This project is read-only.

Problems with signing and manifest on build

Topics: Code
Aug 7, 2012 at 8:44 PM
Edited Aug 8, 2012 at 2:19 PM

Seems to be resolved

Aug 8, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Is any one else having these issues, had them before on other projects.  I'm really hazy on certificates and wot not.  The second issue I believe is simply because the project isn't building.  I have to rush to work now but I'll try to look into this ASAP.

Aug 8, 2012 at 2:25 AM

Is Error 6 coming from the engine?  I looked just now at the signing, totally alien to me, but I can see a greyed out with my info and a little further down the option to sign.  @Dommillar any ideas?

Aug 8, 2012 at 2:43 AM

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4517440/why-am-i-getting-unable-to-find-manifest-signing-certificate-in-the-certificate several solutions here.  I'll try some of these out later and I'll also get into the habit of uploading the installer for each in game change.

Aug 8, 2012 at 5:31 AM
Edited Aug 8, 2012 at 6:13 AM

Deleted all the signing and security from the main project.  Add an installer in the installation folder of the latest build.  Let me know if this solves the problem.

Side note:

found that signing is usually used for dll to make sure you have the correct one.  However, for the the one click installation you can also sign so that it can be installed as trusted content.  I think that's were the problem was coming from. 

Aug 8, 2012 at 5:40 AM

Manually deleted any reference to the manifest in the .csproj for the game and the engine.  fingers crossed you should be able to build now.  After this change I built succesfully and nothing was updated in the code after the build.

Aug 8, 2012 at 2:05 PM

Thanks for looking into it asads. I'll do an svn update and try it out today.

Aug 8, 2012 at 4:04 PM

No worries.  Thanks for bringing it up, maybe some others have had the same issue and kept quiet.  Hopefully this way it gets solved.

Aug 8, 2012 at 4:05 PM
LogicaLInsanity wrote:

Seems to be resolved

Great.

Aug 8, 2012 at 5:40 PM

One thing I did notice, though, that I should mention is that I got some errors from the RRSRoguelikeTests project when bulding. I just unloaded the project, but I was wondering if that is actually being used? I haven't used it for anything.

Aug 9, 2012 at 5:32 AM

What was the error?  the test project can be used from nunit to run the tests.  Not necessary for the game itself.

Aug 9, 2012 at 12:20 PM

I think its missing an assembly reference for NuNit.

Error    2    The type or namespace name 'TestFixtureAttribute' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    C:\RRRSRoguelike\rrrsroguelike\ReallyReallyReallySimpleRogueLikeTests\SimpleBattle_Fight_Test.cs    14
Error    3    The type or namespace name 'TestFixture' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    C:\RRRSRoguelike\rrrsroguelike\ReallyReallyReallySimpleRogueLikeTests\SimpleBattle_Fight_Test.cs    14
Error    6    The type or namespace name 'TestAttribute' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    C:\RRRSRoguelike\rrrsroguelike\ReallyReallyReallySimpleRogueLikeTests\SimpleBattle_Fight_Test.cs    34
Error    4    The type or namespace name 'SetUpAttribute' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    C:\RRRSRoguelike\rrrsroguelike\ReallyReallyReallySimpleRogueLikeTests\SimpleBattle_Fight_Test.cs    26
Error    5    The type or namespace name 'SetUp' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    C:\RRRSRoguelike\rrrsroguelike\ReallyReallyReallySimpleRogueLikeTests\SimpleBattle_Fight_Test.cs    26
Error    1    The type or namespace name 'NUnit' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    C:\RRRSRoguelike\rrrsroguelike\ReallyReallyReallySimpleRogueLikeTests\SimpleBattle_Fight_Test.cs    5
Error    7    'ReallyReallyReallySimpleRoguelike.Tests.SimpleBattle_Fight_NoSwordTest.Test()' is a 'method' but is used like a 'type'    C:\RRRSRoguelike\rrrsroguelike\ReallyReallyReallySimpleRogueLikeTests\SimpleBattle_Fight_Test.cs    34

Aug 9, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Added the nunint.dll for the tests project in Dependencies may have to manually remove and re add the reference.

Aug 9, 2012 at 6:44 PM

That did it! thanks!