Comments //TODO: etc

Topics: Code
Coordinator
Apr 24, 2013 at 3:32 PM
I've started using //TODO: comments in the source code for AncientBlade branch and found it extremely useful. I've updated the coding guidlelines with notes on how the different comment tags could be used. Guidelines
Coordinator
Apr 25, 2013 at 3:59 PM
//FIXME: is a great way to highlight known bugs when actively developing rather than creating an issue.

I'm using //UNDONE: when I remove something that looks like it might be important and I'm not sure how it works. Perhaps this if for rolling back changes too. Not sure.
Coordinator
Apr 26, 2013 at 2:15 PM
This has really sped up the way I code and also helped me to keep track of my thoughts between sessions.
Coordinator
Apr 26, 2013 at 2:17 PM
Started using nested regions now also tidied up the "usings" into a region too.
Coordinator
Apr 27, 2013 at 5:08 AM
End of line, in-line or trailing comments. To be honest, I don't like these as I often use a limited width to review the code. However, I thought I'd check to see what the standard is. Generally they are only used for variable declaration and should be aligned using the tab key. Just sharing.
Developer
Apr 27, 2013 at 2:57 PM
Completely understandable. I am working on getting my comments more in line with project standards. On a side note, I've seen you reference that you have a tool to quickly view all sections of a comment set such as //TODO:. How is that accomplished? I could do a find all on //TODO: but that doesn't seem to be what you're talking about. Any guidance will be appreciated. Thanks.
Coordinator
Apr 27, 2013 at 3:06 PM
Edited Apr 27, 2013 at 3:15 PM
I am using sharp develop which has a tasklist window. View-->TaskList.
VSExpress doesn't have this but for paid versions View--> Other Windows--> TaskList
IMHO #Develop beats VSExpress hands down. Though I do use VSExpress for XNA projects for the content pipeline.