RRRSAncientBlade is entered into the ARRP2013

Topics: Project, Releases
Coordinator
Apr 26, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Edited Apr 26, 2013 at 3:22 PM
We're officially entered for the ARRP2013!!!

Comment below to make suggestions on what you would like to see in the ancient blade release.
Developer
Apr 27, 2013 at 12:24 AM
Edited Apr 27, 2013 at 12:25 AM
I think we should try to finish at least one other ruleset besides Vanilla for the release along with trying to get a cloud hosted high-score page that we can go live with on the day of ARRP2013.

Edit: I didn't explicitly say this but I envision the high-score page, while cloud hosted, would have it's own screen on the stack where it would show before the credits roll.
Coordinator
Apr 27, 2013 at 4:33 AM
Totally agree, LogicalInsanity already did some great work on the cloud hosting, that would be beyond what I could add to this. Long-term reliable hosting is one issue, plus making sure that not being able to connect to the server doesn't crash or delay the game. Threading would be desirable.

First step, as you mentioned is to get a local highscore screen on the stack. Should be easier to add now, as this is all in the screens region on the dungeon screen page.

2-3 rulesets would be great. Would be nice if one makes use of the follow camera.
Coordinator
Apr 27, 2013 at 2:44 PM
I'm slowly falling in love with idea of throwing stuff. Perhaps replacing the fireball with rocks and allowing the player to throw a one star weapon instead of hitting the wait key. Writing this here so I don't ... try ... and ... code ...it ...now.
Developer
Apr 27, 2013 at 2:48 PM
I've had the same thoughts about throwing stuff, could make for more strategic options so maybe this should be one of the things added to the AncientBlade ruleset?
Coordinator
Apr 27, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Just enjoyed a few play thrus. I actually really like playing this game, forgot how addictive it can be. After getting my face bitten off multiple times I realized it would be good if each monster had at least one unique message when they kill you. I'm seriously worried about what the Obra might do to me.
Coordinator
Aug 27, 2013 at 3:50 AM
The ARRP 2013 is set for the 21st and 22nd of September. This may be an issue for me as I'm back from holiday on the 21st and working on the 22nd. (Yes, the Chinese "golden" holiday involves working on a Sunday.) Before that I'm totally swamped at work. I'll do my best to create the installer and put together a release on the day but hope someone can step up and integrate the changes made recently and tidy up any remaining bugs. I'll try and get involved as much as possible but afraid that won't be a great deal.
Coordinator
Sep 14, 2013 at 1:56 AM
I can maybe squeeze in a couple of hours over this weekend and integrate the changes into the trunk and get a release ready for testing. The online high scoring I think will be the focus. I won't get the chance to add anything new till after the deadline for ARRP during the Mid-autumn festival. Then I will probably focus on housekeeping and documentation before progressing and making the previously developed features such as custom monsters available via the options menu for end users.
Coordinator
Sep 14, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Took longer than expected, but merged the changes from atk and logical insanity, then fixed the resize bug. Hopefully can squeeze in some more over the next few days and have a release for the ARRP.
Coordinator
Sep 16, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Added custom monsters from the options menu which is a fair feature addition for the ARRP release. I'm happy with that and will release when I'm back from holiday.
Coordinator
Sep 17, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Started chewing through the rulesets. Not going to happen for this release. Might add at least the new monsters in for now.
Coordinator
Sep 21, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Released for ARRP2013.
Coordinator
Sep 21, 2013 at 12:47 PM
Announced at rogue temple.